Conversion Diary has been doing this for a while and I always think it's fun to read (and I am lazy) so...
1. Yesterday's comments were my favorites. Ever. I was writing on this website for years (YEARS!) before anyone ever bothered to comment and now I have, like, My People, and I LOVE YOU PEOPLE. You are hilarious. Charlotte's comments never fail to make me snort- snort in a GOOD WAY- and she has started a blog! Joy! Christiana says she only has two readers so let's go fix that. Lindsay had the excellent idea of bypassing blogs altogether with mind reading, but while she's inventing that we may have the pleasure of reading HER blog. Who knows why Jess commented because she ALWAYS has a topic and it is ALWAYS interesting. Tara says her site lacks substance as well, but who cares about substance when you turn SAHM into a verb? Awesome! El-e-e makes me laugh SO HARD and how thrilled am I that she is now writing about DIETING? WHEE. Let us spread the diet griping far and wide! Becky is writing about her trip to Vietnam and Cambodia and NO I am NOT JEALOUS, WHATEVER. And I sort haven't been speaking to Christina ever since she decided to move without MEETING ME FIRST, but I'll link her anyway because she's always so stinking nice.
2. I am a fan of pretty much everything on the Bravo channel. I know. It's bad. Right now I'm watching that show about the woman who matches up the millionaires. I think it's a riot. And every two minutes I'm all, "Phillip! Is that true?! Men only like straight hair? Really?!" And Phillip kind of buries his head into his laptop (because OMG he is working ALL THE TIME lately) and pretends not to hear me.
3. Sometimes I think about how many pounds I should [ideally] lose after I lose the baby weight and I get really down on myself. I'll be thrilled when I lose the baby weight, but I won't be skinny. FAAAAAAR from it. Bleargh.
4. I love everything about Twitter except when East Coasters start tweeting about TV shows. Then it's like Spoiler City.
5. Speaking of Twitter, it's been awesome to keep up with the local flooding via #waflood. How awesome is that? Not that I am in danger of floods (unlike other people we know). There is flooding to the north and south, but us city folk are rarely hit by anything natural disastery. (Crippling snow and city's pathetic response notwithstanding.) Of course, Mt. Rainier could blow or The Big One could hit. There's always something, huh?
6. I just read that Dooce is going to be at Third Place Books in the LFP in a few months. Anybody wanna go? You KNOW it's going to be a giant mommyblogger meetup.
7. Aaaand, saving the best for last, due to the Molly Strategy (waking her up in the morning, not letting her take super long naps) (and opposite of the Jack Strategy, by the way) we have rather quickly transitioned from the College Student Schedule to an Average Baby Schedule. WOO. She wakes up once or twice during the night now, but that's not a big deal to me. I'm just thankful she's going down before I do! Okay, so, tonight, after she'd been sleeping about an hour, she woke up screaming. I let her cry a few minutes and then went upstairs. She wouldn't soothe back to sleep so I picked her up. And ten seconds later she let out a huge burp. And fell right back asleep. What's up with that? She does this a lot at night. (Her mornings are fantastic and things get less predictable as the day goes on.) I try not to nurse her to sleep for precisely this reason. Stupid burps.