* I'm using Freshbooks for bakery accounting and dare I say it's kind of fun? I mean, I have the simplest little company in the world, so even I can figure out most of what to do. It's super exciting to see the insta-reports and track expenses and all that. What I can't figure out so far is how I show that I refunded someone (DAMN YOU, USPS) and also how I show PayPal and Square fees. First I have to figure out how to see all my fees in PayPal, then I need to add that as an expense somehow so the accounting program matches my bank account... uh, right? I know I'm supposed to get someone else to do this for me at some point, but right now, while we are still waiting for approval and before we get insurance and a kitchen rental and all that, I think I'm okay.
* I went to a Safe Environment training on Saturday - it's the "be aware of child abuse" training all church employees and volunteers have to do. I was absolutely dreading it, but I ended up handling it okay. It was actually helpful in that I have a clearer idea of what to do and what's being done. The "group discussion" part was like being in a high school history class where everyone is half asleep, but I thought the videos were very well done (if uncomfortable) and I came away re-motivated to talk with my kids. It just sucks that you have to, right?
* I want to start running again. I think I've said this about eighty times over the past year, but it's okay to start over for an 81st time. I know that for me to stick to it I need it to be part of the routine. Since I haven't really HAD a routine in over a year it's been difficult, but right before we went on vacation I'd figured out how to do Emma lunch, Emma nap, my exercise, my lunch AND my quiet time and I think I can get into that again. Hopefully. Now I just need to start pushing myself because I'm way back at the bottom where I don't think I can run two minutes let alone two miles. So... I wish this wasn't so hard. I wish I was more into working out, like signing up for races or going to classes or whatever, but I'm not. I want to do the bare minimum for Feeling Good. In the past that was a half hour on the treadmill every day. I really want to get back there.
* House of Cards. MAN. How do I get hooked on these shows where every character is EVIL?! The evil is just written so well!
*The kids were with my parents this weekend so we took major advantage, going out for a fancy dinner the first night and a movie the next. We saw Monuments Men, which looked like Ocean's 11 set in WWII and dude, that's potentially the best movie in the world. It wasn't. I still liked it, because I can't NOT like schmaltzy feel-good historical movies, but Phillip and I walked out of it saying, "Did we just see a CUTE World War II movie? I think we just saw a CUTE World War II movie." Which was weird. It was a cute motley crew adventure interspersed with moments of Death and Despair and Hey, Where Did These Oddly Shaped Gold Bits Come From? Bill Murray was in this movie for no apparent reason. Cate Blanchett was there to be beautiful and more interesting than all the actors put together - until her character was forced into a crush on Matt Damon which was RIDICULOUS and UNNECESSARY. (Although, I might develop a crush on Matt Damon in an army uniform too.) Most irritating were the handful of Self Righteous George Clooney Speeches in which he tells off Nazis and, almost as bad as Nazis, People Who Don't Respect Art. SIGH. But I still liked it. I WAS DETERMINED TO LIKE IT.
* I am going to the Edel Gathering. In Austin. In July. Even though I'm pretty sure I made some vow at some point in my life that I would never ever go to Texas again in the summer. I wasn't planning on going and then Maureen emailed me and then I was all FINE MAUREEN, TWIST MY ARM. It's super hard to convince me to leave my family for a weekend away with friends, but I have committed to making the sacrifice.
* We decided to spend some of our tax return on a new bed and I am so excited. No really, I am SO EXCITED. I have picked one out on wayfair.com, we'll order the mattress from Costco, and I am just waiting for the actual tax return money to show up so I can click BUY. It's going to be a KING SIZE bed and I can HARDLY STAND IT. My bed is pretty much my very favorite place. It's where I read and watch TV and eat snacks and I'm just going to be SO HAPPY. In fact I'm going to go get in it RIGHT NOW.