Talking myself into and out of things
I am not REALLY thinking about going to the Blathering. Not SERIOUSLY. In fact, I have made a list of all the reasons why I shouldn't/couldn't go:
- The cheapest flight is $367 and that's to DFW, which is still a ways from Austin, which means I would have to bum a ride and a car seat. (The cheapest direct flight to Austin? $837. HA HA HA.)
- I am about 40 pounds and four pants sizes larger than I was at the last Blathering and go ahead and call me shallow, but that's a bummer.
- The above means I have nothing to wear. No really. I've been wearing the same pair of yoga pants and the same maternity shirt for two weeks.
- We just bought a house. And a car. And several hundred cans of spray paint.
- Phillip probably shouldn't take any more time off. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't WANT to take any more time off.
- More guilt.
- I'm not sure how I would hold up my end of the "meeting the drink minimum" deal. Though I'm positive Emily would come through for me.
- Hauling a newborn along would severely limit my flexibility to just go do whatever and hang out with whoever, which is what the Blathering is ABOUT. Although she'd be a good excuse when I got overwhelmed, because HELLO FIFTY PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW... okay, this is not the "reasons to go" list.
- I don't have a roommate. And no one would want to room with a newborn anyway. They are going to get AWAY from their children.
- Intense amounts of guilt.
Reasons TO go:
- Jen. Elsha. -R-. Hillary. And all the other people I would LOVE to meet for the first time.
- Lauren. Sarah. Katie. Jennie. Maureen. And all the ladies I feel I like I didn't spend nearly enough time with when I DID meet them.
- The girls I've seen more than seems possible for Internet Friends, which, sadly, isn't nearly enough.
(P.S. NOT GOING.)