Most of these are kinda churchy. You've been warned.
1. I am loving this song about marriage. The part I like best is:
Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down
And I believe it’s an easy price for the life that we have found
2. The other day I got lost in a Catholic blog wormhole, following all these links about the new Anthony Hopkins movie, 'The Rite'. I read the book the movie is [loosely, apparently] based on, and really liked it. If you're into, you know, Freaky Deaky Church Stuff. But I also have to recommend this post that talks about the movie and the "fundamental strangeness" of what we believe at Inside Catholic. (I found the post via The Anchoress, like so many other Catholic things I read.)
3. And oh dear, this one is Out There, but you guys I SO BELIEVE in the Out There. It's powerful and one day I will get a little smarter and post my reaction to it on the Catholic blog.
4. I'm supposed to email a friend a list of all the preschool-friendly apps on my phone, and to remind me to do this tomorrow I'll post one here: the game my two-year-old will do the longest, and that she can do by herself (which is THE POINT) is Shape Builder. (The lite version works well enough for us.)
5. If you are going to Disneyland I highly HIGHLY recommend the Howard Johnson hotel - close enough to walk, awesome kid rooms, and the coolest pool/toddler splash area I have ever seen. I bring this up because if Phillip can get time off during his spring break, we're going to Disneyland in March (AGAIN) (SHUT UP) (IT WAS AWESOME) and I cannot get a room at this hotel and it is KILLING ME. So much that I have created a bookmark JUST to check availability a hundred times a day, but no luck so far. BUMMER.
And I'm going to see Anne Lamott speak on Saturday and I'm so! excited! I shall report back any Tidbits of Writing Wisdom.