1. Our beloved Liz and Lucy came over to play this morning, which is pretty much the only thing that I can put in the Win column for today. I tried to talk Liz into renting the house across the street, which has brand new landscaping and appliances and three bedrooms and a beautiful kitchen and why wasn't it available when WE were looking? But seriously, I think this parenthood gig would be improved 1000 percent if Favorite People were within walking distance. And this would be more like SPITTING distance. However I took the kids on a walk this afternoon, the better to stay away from Circus Sign Up Websites, and the sign is down. It appears someone decided to pay the requested rent, which was somewhere in the range of They Must Be Freaking Kidding. BOO.
2. I've spent an embarrassingly long time trying to decide if I should post pictures of my stupid HAIR. But I think no, because 1) it's not washed which means it looks like an oil slick and 2) it's up and if I took it down now it'd be all wrinkly, you know how it gets and 3) I have two enormous zits on my chin, because my body thinks we are still in high school and 4) I sincerely despise posting pictures of myself on my website and asking people to give their opinions. Oh the horror!
3. I would prefer to eat cookies, cakes and brownies in their dough and batter forms. Almost without exception. You?
4. We went to a conveyor belt sushi place tonight, because can YOU make dinner when two small beasties with 400 degree body temperatures are fused to your legs? So we went to the sushi place, which was all my idea, except I don't like sushi. I KNOW. Must I remind you that I have the palate of, uh, Jack? I like FAKE sushi, as in vegetarian sushi or the weird little egg and tofu wrap thingies, oh and the heaping plates of chicken teriyaki and my favorite, vegetable tempura, but not so much with the sushi. But I'm thankful there are so many other things to eat there because the sushi restaurant makes my husband so very happy.
5. I haven't watched the last episode of Friday Night Lights yet. I don't want to. I'm nervous. My boyfriend Tim Riggins is in jail! JAIL, YOU GUYS. Ugh. It's all stressing me out. Speaking of TV, Liz told me that Christina Hendricks used to look like this. I had no idea. The 1960s have been good to Christina Hendricks, that's what I think.
6. I am pretty sure Phillip fell asleep while holding Molly (part of her nighttime routine). I know this is totally cliche, but one of the best things about having a girl is watching your husband get wrapped twelve zillion times around her little finger. That and the PIGTAILS. (I'm learning!)
7. When you're picking a place for dinner, like dinner with friends or a date night, something like that, what matters more: the food or the ambiance/type of restaurant? Turn this blog upside down to see my answer! (Oh I am SO FUNNY! Maybe I'll tell you in the comments.)