Look at me, breaking the rules!
1. Today was better. Not TONS better, but enough better. Also: Phillip and I discussed the difficulties of waiting to eat until he gets home (around 6:30), not least of which is the fact that Molly starts banging on the refrigerator around 4:45 and it's impossible to cook AND occupy/stave off two needy children from end of nap till late-for-them dinner. (If it were up to me I'd eat at 9 or 9:30, because in my heart of hearts I am a Southern European.) So we came up with a plan and a plan B and I feel a lot less despairing about the whole situation.
2. What I AM feeling despairing about is my debilitating, crippling, panic-inducing foot disease. Two days I woke up and my foot hurt. Like REALLY HURT. It's the spot on the outside edge of your foot, right below your ankle. What the heck? I have absolutely no clue how I did this or even what it is, but I can't put weight on it, not really, not if I want to KEEP walking. I would blame my first run in two months, but that was two days before the foot disease struck. So I don't know. All it means right now is that I probably shouldn't play volleyball tomorrow night (BOO) and that I probably will lose all ability to walk within the next several months (SUPER BOO.) I will have to take myself and my wheelchair on a walkabout in Australia, get rejected by the walkabout director and crash on a mystical island on my way home.
3. I reactivated my Weight Watchers account. I hate telling you this. MOVING ON.
4. I finally decided on a lipstick color I 1) like and 2) would actually wear at times other than Big Fancy Occasions. I'm just not a lipstick kind of girl. I think it makes the rest of me look washed out or sallow or otherwise unattractive. But a friend gave me a lip color palette a while back and I really like this shade that looks so unlikely in the palette. I keep losing it in different purses, but I found it again today and got annoyed having to use a LIP BRUSH for the zillionth time so I decided: today is the day I buy The Real Thing! So I hopped online aaaaand it seems it only comes in the palette with the lip brush. ANNOYING. (Wildberry Jam by Fresh, for those of you who are interested in such details.)
5. Maureen asked for a bread update and I always do what Maureen says. (Seriously. See: cloth diapers, bread book.) Okay, so after the basic "artisan" bread recipe, I moved on to the American-style white sandwich bread recipe since that's what I wanted in the first place: slices for PBJs. Verdict: SCORE. My very first loaf (in a loaf pan) turned out perfect and, bonus, Jack eats it! Win! It's a lot softer and still yummy. (I prefer the crusty artisan loaves, preferably at 9:30 at night with a hunk of cheese and a glass of wine.) It's interesting to note how quickly homemade bread goes hard/stale when the store bought bread is still sitting there all happy and squishy for weeks. Yay chemicals!
6. I'm writing about Bob Duallies and other Things I Think I Absolutely Must Have at Parenting on Thursday. It's one of those posts where it totally makes sense and sounds funny in my head, but probably didn't come out right and THIS is the post that gets me booted from the world of paid blogging gigs. Facebook fan page: pointless!
7. Scheduled for Friday: a mishmash of thoughts about Facebook fan pages. And other stuff concerning the business end of blogging. I wrote it today but wow does it need an editor. And possibly an entirely different writer. Whatever. You've been warned!